People like to hibernate in the winter. It’s cold out, it gets darker earlier; it’s the time of year one would rather snuggle up on the couch and watch a movie. Ironically, however, winter also happens to be a season filled with holiday parties, family get togethers, weddings, and a lot of photos for proof of getting together. These photos will be plastered on Facebook, Instagram and basically anywhere else photos can be uploaded these days; a scary thought for someone who tends to dislike how they look in pictures.
Here’s a tip…makeup can make all the difference.
Because the Nassau Inn will host of many of these wondrous affairs, we wanted to give their guests and brides a few tips on how to nail their makeup and look great in every photo snapped in their direction.
1. First things first, the same shade of lipstick, eye shadow, etc., does not look the same all year round. Just because you like the way a certain color looks in the summer, does not mean it will flatter you come winter. Check out How is the Sunlight Affecting Your Makeup?.
2. If you read the above article, you now understand that winter has a lot of that not-so-flattering blue light, which brings more attentions to things you’d like to cover up, i.e. red spots, dark under-eye circles. Winter is the time of year to pull out highlighters and light-reflective foundations.
3. Blue light reflects colors with blue tones, so think silver, gray, red, berry shades, etc. when it comes to your eyeshadow.
4. It’s natural to lose your tan in the summer, so don’t over-do it with the bronzer. To add some color to your face, use some blush.
5. Go for the dark lip. Just do it.
6. Use waterproof mascara. It’s great for any occasion, especially if there’s any snow in the forecast.
7. Now that you know the tips to great winter makeup, don’t forget that before the makeup comes the foundation. If your skin is dry and cracked, the makeup won’t look good, regardless of color. Check out 5 Easy Ways to Keep Your Skin Hydrated This Winter.
Please visit our friends at Magdas Designs to learn more about their amazing Hair & Makeup Services.